We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 10.3!
IMPORTANT: this is a small release which includes several improvements, bug fixes, internal refactoring and updated translations. It is the twelveth release to include contributions via our open source bounty program!
You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
kiwitcms/kiwi latest bd28c4b064f5 579 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 10.2
Update bleach from 3.3.0 to 4.0.0
Update django from 3.2.5 to 3.2.6
Update django-colorfield from 0.4.1 to 0.4.2
Update django-tree-queries from 0.5.2 to 0.6.0
Update python-bugzilla from 3.0.2 to 3.1.0
Update python-gitlab from 2.9.0 to 2.10.0
Update node_modules/html5sortable from 0.13.2 to 0.13.3
Docker image is now based on Red Hat's Universal Base Image instead of CentOS 8. See https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/introducing-red-hat-universal-base-image and https://catalog.redhat.com/software/containers/ubi8/ubi-minimal/5c359a62bed8bd75a2c3fba8.
The mysql and psql binaries in the container image are not available anymore! Backup and restore instructions have been updated accordingly, see https://kiwitcms.org/blog/atodorov/2018/07/30/how-to-backup-docker-volumes-for-kiwi-tcms/.
Use initial_setup command to create public tenant in case we're running a multi-tenant instance. References Enterprise #88 (Ivajlo Karabojkov)
Document that for Jira integration we use API tokens
- Fix a bug where drop-down selectors for test plans would not show any values when product is changed. Fixes Issue #2467
Refactoring and testing
- Add tests for missing coverage in kiwi_auth.admin. References Issue #1607 (Mariyan Garvanski)
- Fix some eslint issues and formatting in testcases/js/get.js
- Use shorter URL when cloning test cases from TP page. References Issue #1054
- Limit URI size to 10KiB. This alone should allow for more than 1000 PKs specified for cloning. In addition Django itself limits the maximum number of GET/POST fields to 1000 via the DATA_UPLOAD_MAX_NUMBER_FIELDS setting, see https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.2/ref/settings/#data-upload-max-number-fields. Closes Issue #1054
Kiwi TCMS Enterprise v10.3-mt
- Based on Kiwi TCMS v10.3
- Container image based on Red Hat Universal Base Image
- Update django-ses from 2.1.1 to 2.2.1
- Update python3-saml from 1.10.1 to 1.11.0
- Add GitLab login icon
IMPORTANT: Kiwi TCMS Enterprise container images are available only to subscribers!
How to upgrade
Backup first! If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a container then:
cd path/containing/docker-compose/ docker-compose down docker-compose pull docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Refer to our documentation for more details!
If you like what we're doing and how Kiwi TCMS supports various communities please help us!