We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 7.3!
IMPORTANT: this is a critical security update for CVE-2019-19844: Potential account hijack via password reset form!
Also migrates to Django 3.0 and includes several other improvement and bug-fixes!
You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
kiwitcms/kiwi latest 4026ee62e488 556 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 7.2
- Update Django from 2.2.8 to 3.0.2
- Update python-gitlab from 1.13.0 to 1.15.0
- Update pygithub from 1.44.1 to 1.45
- Update django-grappelli from 2.13.2 to 2.13.3
- Bump django-uuslug from 1.1.9 to 1.2.0
- Bump django-attachments from 1.4.1 to 1.5
- Bump django-vinaigrette from 1.2.0 to 2.0.1
- Update marked to version 0.8.0
- Update prismjs to version 1.19.0
- Generalize existing kiwitcms.telemetry.plugins handling code by renaming the entry point to kiwitcms.plugins
- Refactor views to class based (Svetlozar Stoyanov)
- Teach Kiwi TCMS to automatically report bugs to GitHub when the user selects such action. Fall back to opening a new browser window for manually entering the bug if something goes wrong
- When migrating from the older Bug model to LinkReference skip bugs which are attached directly to test cases instead of test executions. See SO #59321756
- Remove AutoField.max_length because it is ignored by Django 3
- TestCase.update() method now allows to update the author field. Fixes Issue #630
- Modify template pass object as test_plan. Fixes Issue #1307 (Ed Oswald S. Go)
- Enable version selection in test plan search page. Fixes Issue #1276
- Apply percentage rounding for completed test executions. Fixes Issue #1230
- Fix a logical bug in conditional expression when deciding whether or not reporting bugs to selected issue tracker is disabled
The next two events we are going to participate are:
- DevConf.CZ, Jan 24-26, Brno where Anton Sankov will be a speaker
- FOSDEM, Feb 1-2, Brussels where you can meet with the entire team
If you are around come and say "Happy testing"!
How to upgrade
Backup first! If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd path/containing/docker-compose/ docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
WHERE: docker-compose.yml has been updated from your private git repository! The file provided in our GitHub repository is an example. Not for production use!
WARNING: kiwitcms/kiwi:latest and docker-compose.yml will always point to the latest available version! If you have to upgrade in steps, e.g. between several intermediate releases, you have to modify the above workflow:
# starting from an older Kiwi TCMS version docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> edit docker-compose.yml to use kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate # repeat until you have reached latest