We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 11.6! This is our first release after the very positive reception we had at WebSummit 2022!
IMPORTANT: this is a small release which contains security updates, general improvements, bug fixes and new translations!
You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
Upstream container images (x86_64):kiwitcms/kiwi latest 9773335a58d1 612MB
IMPORTANT: version tagged and multi-arch container images are available only to subscribers!
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 11.5
- Update Django from 4.0.7 to 4.1.3 which contains multiple bug fixes and security improvements. See https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/4.1/releases/4.1.3/
- Sanitize HTML input when generating history diff to prevent XSS attacks
Update django-extensions from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1
Update jira from 3.4.0 to 3.4.1
Update psycopg2 from 2.9.3 to 2.9.5
Update pygithub from 1.55 to 1.57
Update python-gitlab from 3.9.0 to 3.11.0
Update tzdata from 2022.2 to 2022.6
Container is now built on top of Red Hat Enteroprise Linux 9 and Python 3.9
There is high risk of breaking downstream containers. Pay attention to bind-mounted settings files. Inspect downstream Dockerfile & docker-compose.yml files !!!
Unify some translation strings
Document add-on issue tracker integrations
Rename Properties to Parameters because "test case parameters" is more widely used
- JIRA.get_issue_type_from_jira() now accepts a second argument. Fixes Issue #2929 (@cmbahadir)
- Fix typo in documentation (Christian Clauss)
- Trim white-space after splitting parameter values. For example the inputs 'OS=Linux' and 'OS = Windows ' will result in Key: 'OS', Values: ['Linux', 'Windows']
Refactoring and testing
- Update Fedora from 32 to 36 in /tests/bugzilla
- Remove Travis CI config b/c we don't use it anymore
- Add Coverity Scan as a GitHub action
- Don't scan devel dependencies with Coverity Scan
- Redirect to where we came from in case posting a comment results in invalid form
- Configure Dependabot to update Docker containers and try tightening security around docker containers used during testing
- Use npm audit fix to automatically update some Node.js dependecies
- Execute npm audit signatures when installing Node.js packages
- Start using find_namespace_packages() to resolve 'Package would be ignored' warnings from setuptools
- Add missing field in setup() to avoid a warning
Kiwi TCMS Enterprise v11.6-mt
Based on Kiwi TCMS v11.6
Update containers for RHEL 9, CentOS Stream 9 and Python 3.9
Update actions/checkout from 2 to 3
Update django-ses from 3.1.2 to 3.2.2
Update kiwitcms-tenants from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2
quay.io/kiwitcms/version 11.6 (aarch64) cf244e2f1dac 08 Nov 2022 636MB quay.io/kiwitcms/version 11.6 (x86_64) 9773335a58d1 08 Nov 2022 612MB quay.io/kiwitcms/enterprise 11.6-mt (aarch64) 55cf76524ebd 08 Nov 2022 858MB quay.io/kiwitcms/enterprise 11.6-mt (x86_64) 61f48a62666b 08 Nov 2022 832MB
How to upgrade
Backup first! Then execute the commands:
cd path/containing/docker-compose/ docker-compose down docker-compose pull docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py upgrade
Refer to our documentation for more details!
If you like what we're doing and how Kiwi TCMS supports various communities please help us grow!