Attention testers! On behalf of Testing and Automation devroom we'd like to announce that call for participation is now open.
Important: devroom will take place 09:00 to 12:50, Sunday, February 5th 2023 at ULB Solbosch Campus, Brussels, Belgium! Presentations will be streamed online but all accepted speakers are required to deliver their talks in person! The devroom will not host pre-recorded videos in 2023!
Here are some ideas for topics that are a good fit for this devroom:
Testing in the real, open source world
- War stories/strategies for testing large scale or complex projects
- Demystify resource e.g. systems/device/cloud provisioning in a CI loop
- Tools that extend the ability to test low-level code, e.g. bootloaders, init systems, etc.
- Projects that are introducing new/interesting ways of testing "systems"
- Address the automated testing frameworks fragmentation
- Lessons learned from testing
Cool Tools (good candidates for lightning talks)
- How your open source tool made developing quality software better
- What tools do you use to setup your CI/CD
- Combining projects/plugins/tools to build amazing things "Not enough people in the open source community know how to use $X, but here's a tutorial on how to use $X to make your project better."
In the past the devroom has seen both newbies/students and experienced professionals and past speakers as part of the audience and talks covering from beginner/practical to advanced/abstract topics. If you have doubts then submit your proposal and leave a comment for the devroom managers and we'll get back to you.
Checkout https://fosdem-testingautomation.github.io/ for more information!
If you like what we're doing and how Kiwi TCMS supports various communities please help us!