We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 11.7 and Happy New Year!
IMPORTANT: this is a small release which contains security updates, general improvements, bug fixes and new translations!
You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
Upstream container images (x86_64):kiwitcms/kiwi latest 316d5d4865a1 572MB
IMPORTANT: version tagged and multi-arch container images are available only to subscribers!
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 11.6
Update bootstrap, bootstrap-select, eonasdan-bootstrap-datetimepicker, jquery and moment-timezone Node.js packages
Enable password validators to avoid users choosing weak passwords:
- password can’t be too similar to other personal information
- password must contain at least 10 characters
- password can’t be a commonly used password
- password can’t be entirely numeric
Existing users are advised to reset their passwords! For more information see GHSA-496x-2jqf-hp7g
- Update django from 4.1.3 to 4.1.5
- Update django-colorfield from 0.7.2 to 0.8.0
- Update django-grappelli from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4
- Update django-simple-history from 3.0.0 to 3.2.0
- Update django-tree-queries from 0.11.0 to 0.13.0
- Update pygments from 2.13.0 to 2.14.0
- Update python-gitlab from 3.11.0 to 3.12.0
- Update tzdata from 2022.6 to 2022.7
- Make navigation menu more compact by moving it into the header
- Don't install development dependencies for Node.js packages when building the container image
- Add migrations to reflect indexing changes in django-simple-history 3.1.0. On large databases these will take a while to complete!
- Trigger on-change handler for Test Case Search pop-up. Fixes Issue #2679
- Fix the + Build button on Bug and TestRun pages which didn't properly select Product & Version
- Editing TestRun page now properly saves all datetime fields instead of reverting them to None
- Initialize planned_start and planned_stop fields when cloning a TestRun
Refactoring and testing
- Refactor duplicated setup in Telemetry pages. Closes Issue #1118
- Add CodeQL workflow for GitHub code scanning
- Make it possible to override attachments card title
- Remove useless tooltip from Telemetry pages
- Define page ID for each page that has a .ready() function
- Replace deprecated jQuery syntax for .ready()
- Remove duplicate populateProductVersion() function
- Resolve all of the remaining eslint issues
- Use more precise assert methods in tests
Kiwi TCMS Enterprise v11.7-mt
Based on Kiwi TCMS v11.7
Update dj-database-url from 1.0.0 to 1.2.0
Update django-python3-ldap from 0.15.3 to 0.15.4
Update django-ses from 3.2.2 to 3.3.0
Update kiwitcms-tenants from 2.3.2 to 2.4.0 to allow customization of tenant logo in navigation
Update python3-saml from 1.14.0 to 1.15.0
Add CodeQL workflow for GitHub code scanning
Adjust ldap commands for Ubuntu 22.04.1 during testing in CI
quay.io/kiwitcms/version 11.7 (aarch64) 54ca241ac5ca 02 Jan 2023 595MB quay.io/kiwitcms/version 11.7 (x86_64) 316d5d4865a1 02 Jan 2023 571MB quay.io/kiwitcms/enterprise 11.7-mt (aarch64) 6657a3c197e8 02 Jan 2023 802MB quay.io/kiwitcms/enterprise 11.7-mt (x86_64) 80f6d959d90a 02 Jan 2023 778MB
How to upgrade
Backup first! Then execute the commands:
cd path/containing/docker-compose/ docker-compose down docker-compose pull docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py upgrade
Refer to our documentation for more details!
If you like what we're doing and how Kiwi TCMS supports various communities please help us grow!