We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 11.0.
IMPORTANT: This is a new major release which contains security related updates, several improvements, API changes, bug fixes and new translations!
You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
Container images:kiwitcms/kiwi latest 6600bc56a544 622 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976 MB
IMPORTANT: version tagged container images are available only to subscribers!
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 10.5
- Update Django to 3.2.11
- Update django-colorfield from 0.4.5 to 0.6.3
- Update django-grappelli from 2.15.3 to 3.0.2
- Update psycopg2 from 2.9.2 to 2.9.3
- Update pygments from 2.10.0 to 2.11.2
- Update python-gitlab from 2.10.1 to 3.1.0
- Update node_modules/prismjs from 1.25.0 to 1.26.0
- Update node_modules/marked from 2.1.3 to 4.0.10
- Admin panel now allows to view, add, edit and delete Environment records
- Allow selection of environment when creating new TestRun and display the chosen values inside the TestRun page. Closes Issue #1344
- Creating a TestRun will now generate test execution matrix based on the available environment and test case properties. Closes Issue #1843
- When generating a test execution matrix the supported algorithms are
"full" and "pairwise". Closes
- Feature is enabled for test runs which contain test cases. This feature is not shown when creating an empty test run
- This feature isn't supported when subsequently adding new test cases to test run
- Record a random hex number under /Kiwi/uploads/installation-id
Detailed information about properties, environments and test matrix generation can be found in a separate article.
- New model testrun.Environment
- New model testrun.EnvironmentProperty
- New model testrun.Property
These newly added models create additional permission labels with names testruns | environment | Can .... environment, testruns | property | Can .... property, testruns | environment property | Can .... environment property
Execute manage.py refresh_permissions and/or assign them manually to users and groups if they should be able to interact with the new objects!
- Update the value of MODERNRPC_METHODS_MODULES setting to include modules with the new API methods
Method TestRun.add_case will now return a list.
This breaks API compatibility with older versions and will break all plugins which rely on this method. Use plugins v11 or greater!
Method TestRun.add_case return value will now include a field named properties
New methods Environment.properties, Environment.add_property and Environment.remove_property
New method TestRun.properties
- Send e-mail notification when adding comments to bugs. Fixes Issue #2232 (@cmbahadir)
- Disable the "+" button when there is no related element selected. Fixes Issue #2561 (@cmbahadir)
- When cloning test plans keep the existing test case sort order inside the resulting test plan. Fixes Issue #2218 (Nicolas Gelot)
- Configure en_US.UTF-8 locale inside container. Allows upload of files with unicode names. Fixes Issue #2600
Refactoring and testing
- Refresh logo design
- Pylint fixes
- Pin setuptools b/c of problem with django-extensions
- Remove redundant test scenario
- Shell script refactoring
Kiwi TCMS Enterprise v11.0-mt
Based on Kiwi TCMS v11.0
Update kiwitcms-tenants from 1.8.0 to 1.11.0
quay.io/kiwitcms/enterprise 11.0-mt a730291750f8 846 MB quay.io/kiwitcms/version 11.0 6600bc56a544 622 MB
How to upgrade
Backup first! Then execute the commands:
cd path/containing/docker-compose/ docker-compose down docker-compose pull docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Refer to our documentation for more details!
If you like what we're doing and how Kiwi TCMS supports various communities please help us!