We are happy to announce that Kiwi TCMS is going to partner with the MLH Fellowship open source program which is a 12 week internship alternative for students interested in becoming software engineers.
Major League Hacking (MLH) is a mission-driven B-Corp focused on empowering our next generation of technologists. Every year, more than 100,000 developers, designers, and makers join the MLH community to gain hands-on experience and build their professional networks. They are headquartered in the Greater New York Area, USA but operate world-wide.
The Fall 2020 cohort runs between October 5 - December 21 and we're already into the Contributing phase of the program. Fellow students will be working on open issues from our backlog with a focus on tasks from our open source bounty program but they can really work on any open task!
Once a pull request has been made it will undergo first round code review by Cory Massaro who is the dedicated MLH Python mentor. Once Cory gives the +1 each pull request will be reviewed by a member of the Kiwi TCMS core team like usual.
To minimize the risk of conflicts between contributors we are going to apply the following rules:
- Each MLH fellow would add a comment on the issue they are interested in (applies to other contributors too);
- The issue will be assigned to them (new);
- The issue will be labeled with the MLH Fellowship label (new);
- The following comment will be added: This issue/bounty has been assigned to an MLH fellow who is currently working on it. Pull requests towards the same issue from other contributors will not be considered at this time. Please pick something else to work on!
Upon successful completion of tasks all MLH fellows will be eligible to claim their bounties via our Open Collective page. This is the same process other contributors go through, there is no difference.
Kiwi TCMS commits 2 core-team members who will serve office hours on the MLH Fellowship Discord server for couple of hours per week in order to answer questions and keep the ball rolling. We also commit to having bi-weekly meetings with MLH mentor(s) during the duration of the program.
Kiwi TCMS would also like to thank our friend Eddie Jaoude for putting us in touch with MLH and helping bring this partnership to reality. Thank you Eddie!
Help us do more
If you like what we're doing and how Kiwi TCMS supports various communities please help us!
- Donate via Open Collective as low as 1 EUR;
- Nominate Kiwi TCMS as GitHub Stars;
- Become a customer and we'll share our profits with the community
Thanks for reading and happy testing!