We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 8.2!
IMPORTANT: this is a small release which updates 3rd party libraries, provides minor improvements, minor API changes and some new translations. You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
kiwitcms/kiwi latest 7c1b947b9a43 561 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 8.1
- Update bleach from 3.1.1 to 3.1.4
- Update django from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5
- Update django-colorfield from 0.2.1 to 0.2.2
- Update pygithub from 1.46 to 1.47
- Update python-gitlab from 2.0.1 to 2.1.2
- Update marked(js) to version 0.8.2
- Change default MariaDB charset and collation to utf8mb4. Will only affect new installations. Closes Issue #327
- Document TCMS_PLAN_ID ENV variable supported by automation framework plugins
- Test case Search page now allows searching for records containing the specified text. Closes #1209 @Schwarzkrieger
- Provide ../site-packages/tcms_settings_dir/ when installing Kiwi TCMS which is an empty pkgutil-style namespace where other packages can drop their configuration
- Hide empty values in Execution trends chart tooltips
- Remove Auth.login_krbv() method
- Method TestRun.update() will now accept %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S timestamp format. The previous format %Y-%m-%d is also supported
- Method TestExecution.create() now defaults to first neutral status instead of searching for the hard-coded IDLE. That means newly created test executions which do not specify status will be created with the first neutral status found in the database
- Fix pylint errors. Closes Issue #1510 (@cmbahadir)
- Add tests for TestRunAdmin.delete_view() (Mariyan Garvanski)
- Revert "[l10n] Add Serializer class which returns untranslated models"
New version of our tcms-api library has been released as well. Notable changes include the bug-fixes for Kerberos support and the ability to use Kerberos on Windows. For more information see https://github.com/kiwitcms/tcms-api/#changelog.
tap-plugin & junit.xml-plugin v8.2
Both plugins are now using the latest version of tcms-api library and include additional improvements like being able to specify existing TestPlan and setting stop_date for the automated TestRun. For more information see https://github.com/kiwitcms/tap-plugin#changelog and https://github.com/kiwitcms/junit.xml-plugin/#changelog
How to upgrade
Backup first! If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd path/containing/docker-compose/ docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb-103-centos7 docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
WHERE: docker-compose.yml has been updated from your private git repository! The file provided in our GitHub repository is an example. Not for production use!
WARNING: kiwitcms/kiwi:latest and docker-compose.yml will always point to the latest available version! If you have to upgrade in steps, e.g. between several intermediate releases, you have to modify the above workflow:
# starting from an older Kiwi TCMS version docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> edit docker-compose.yml to use kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate # repeat until you have reached latest