We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 8.1!
IMPORTANT: this is a small security and improvement release which also includes several bug fixes, internal refactoring and updated translations. You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
kiwitcms/kiwi latest fbb363af2d90 557 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 8.0
This is easy to exploit but people able to do so should have accounts in your Kiwi TCMS installation and write privileges on their accounts. If they do this means they can cause a lot more damage much more easily!
Update Django from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 - fixes security issue CVE-2020-9402: Potential SQL injection via tolerance parameter in GIS functions and aggregates on Oracle which we believe does not affect Kiwi TCMS
Update bleach from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1
Update django-colorfield from 0.1.15 to 0.2.1
Update markdown from 3.2 to 3.2.1
On bug creation send email to assignee. Fixes Issue #1154 (Mfon Eti-mfon)
Make it possible to provide override settings in a directory. Kiwi TCMS will respect:
For more information see https://kiwitcms.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing_docker.html#customization
Allow adding TestPlan to TestCase via UI. Fixes Issue #1021
Add visual representation of failures in TestCase health telemetry
Add helper text to TestExecutionStatus admin
Add link to discussion forum in Help menu
- TestCase.create() method no longer accepts product or product_id fields which have previously been deprecated
- API methods which receive True/False values will no longer parse yes,no,1,0 values. The only accepted values are boolean constants defined in the calling programming language which are then transmitted via XML-RPC or JSON-RPC and converted to native boolean on the backend
- The number of search results shown per page can now be controlled via DEFAULT_PAGE_SIZE setting, which is 100 by default. Fixes Issue #1210 (Ivailo Karabojkov)
- Use comma separated display of components in bug reports. Fixes Issue #1157 (Ivailo Karabojkov)
- Update selector for 'Select All' test executions in TestRun page. Fixes Issue #1404
- Fix crash when sorting test cases in TestPlan page. Fixes Sentry #KIWI-TCMS-A6
- Fix a TC-undefined displayed in TestCase health telemetry
- Add test for TestRunAdmin.change_view() (Mariyan Garvanski)
- Remove unused showCaseRunsWithSelectedStatus
GitHub Marketplace listing deprecation
As we've stated previously Kiwi TCMS has migrated to a new GitHub backend and OAuth tokens for the previous backend have been revoked and the existing listing on GitHub Marketplace is deprecated. It is a non-functioning app at the moment!
It is not possible for us to cancel Marketplace subscriptions programatically, that is GitHub does not provide such API. Active subscribers please follow these 3 steps to help us clean up stale information:
- Go to https://github.com/marketplace/kiwi-tcms
- From "Edit your plan" button at the top select your GitHub account
- Then click "Cancel this plan" link which is at the left-hand side at the bottom of the description box!
How to upgrade
Backup first! If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd path/containing/docker-compose/ docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb-103-centos7 docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
WHERE: docker-compose.yml has been updated from your private git repository! The file provided in our GitHub repository is an example. Not for production use!
WARNING: kiwitcms/kiwi:latest and docker-compose.yml will always point to the latest available version! If you have to upgrade in steps, e.g. between several intermediate releases, you have to modify the above workflow:
# starting from an older Kiwi TCMS version docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> edit docker-compose.yml to use kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate # repeat until you have reached latest