We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 7.1! This is a small improvement update which includes database schema and API changes, several other improvements, internal refactoring and updated translations. You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
kiwitcms/kiwi latest c8cf36ac5ca5 602 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 7.0
- Update django from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6
- Update python-gitlab from 1.11.0 to 1.12.1
- Update pygithub from 1.43.8 to 1.44
- Update psycopg2 from 2.8.3 to 2.8.4
- Add help tooltips in all telemetry pages
- Better styling for checkboxes in 'Add hyperlink' dialog, part of TestRun page
- Add hyperlink validation. Fixes Issue #1147
- Add bugs permissions to Tester group. Will make any difference only if upgrading from existing installation
- New method Bug.remove()
- Always build with the latest versions of translations
- Add 'Delete' menu item in Bugs page. Fixes #1153 Issue #1153
- When deleting hyperlink from TestExecution hide the actual UI elements from the page
- Fix failure to delete TCs when the number of TCs inside TP is greater than 100. Fixes Issue #1149 and Sentry KIWI-TCMS-8F
- Rename directory xmlrpc to rpc and pylint updates. Refs Issue #682 (Matej Aleksandrov, Sinergise)
- Remove labels from form fields, Refs Issue #652 (Azmi YÜKSEL)
- New base class for tests around permissions (Svetlomir Balevski)
- New "blueprint" test case around permissions to make testing in this area more robust
- Refactor many views from function based to class based
- Update stale tests in tcms/core/tests/ and make sure they aren't ignored by the test runner
- Remove empty class XMLRPCBaseCaseForm
- Remove XMLRPCNewCaseForm, duplicate of NewCaseForm
- Remove rpc.forms.UpdateCaseForm in favor of XMLRPCUpdateCaseForm
- Update only English sources with new strings as a temporary workaround b/c Crowdin uses different formatting heuristics than gettext. This will minimize the number of .po format changes
- A few pylint fixes
- Updated Albanian translation - 97%
- Updated Bulgarian translation - 91%
- Updated Chinese Simplified - 71%
- Updated Greek translation - 44%
- Updated Italian translation - 97%
- Updated Japanese translation - 0%
- Updated Macedonian translation - 11%
- Updated Russian translation - 97%
- Updated Slovenian translation - 100%
- Updated Spanish translation - 96%
- Updated Turkish translation - 97%
A special "thank you" goes to our friends from PyCon Balkan in Belgrade who allowed us to host an open source coding sprint in Belgrade during the conference!
A second "thank you" goes to Open Labs Hackerspace who hosted a localization sprint in Tirana and contributed to several different languages!
Thank you for being part of our community. Version 7.1 includes all of your contributions.
We're using the opportunity to share that website is now serving via SSL courtesy of GitHub and Let's encrypt.
Our main page has also been updated to showcase some of our customers: Better (Slovenia), Minds, Inc. (USA), Musala Soft (Bulgaria). If you would like to feature your corporate logo and tell us how you use Kiwi TCMS then drop us an email!
The next two events we are going to participate are:
- OpenFest, Nov 2-3, Sofia where we will have an info booth
- ISTA Conference, Nov 14-15, Sofia where you can meet with Alex Todorov and some of our contributors and customers
If you are around come and say "Happy testing"!
Upcoming FOSDEM 2020
We are happy to announce that our team, together with SUSE and Linaro will be hosting the Testing and Automation Developer Room at FOSDEM in Brussels next February.
Call for papers is open until December 10th 2019. Anything related to software testing and open source is welcome. Apply from the link above.
How to upgrade
Backup first! If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd path/containing/docker-compose/ docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
WHERE: docker-compose.yml has been updated from your private git repository! The file provided in our GitHub repository is an example. Not for production use!
WARNING: kiwitcms/kiwi:latest and docker-compose.yml will always point to the latest available version! If you have to upgrade in steps, e.g. between several intermediate releases, you have to modify the above workflow:
# starting from an older Kiwi TCMS version docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> edit docker-compose.yml to use kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate # repeat until you have reached latest