We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 6.9! This is a small improvement and bug-fix update which introduces our first telemetry report: testing breakdown. You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
kiwitcms/kiwi latest a01eaeddf213 1.001 GB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957.6 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955.7 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970.2 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970.1 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976.8 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 6.8
- Update mysqlclient from 1.4.2 to 1.4.2.post1
- Ship with prism.js so it can be used for syntax highlighting
- Add Testing Breakdown telemetry
- Mark more strings for translations
- Add delete_user() function which can delete data across Postgre schemas (if kiwitcms-tenants add-on is installed)
- Remove deprecated TestCaseRun. API methods. Use the new TestExecution. methods introduced in v6.7. Fixes Issue #889
- Fix typos in documentation (@Prome88)
- Fix TemplateParseError in email templates when removing test cases. On-delete email notification is now sent properly
- Add more tests around TestRun/TestExecution menu permissions
- Minor pylint fixes
Join us at OpenExpo in Madrid
Kiwi TCMS is exhibitor at OpenExpo Europe on June 20th in Madrid. We will be hosting an info booth and 2 technical presentations delivered by Anton Sankov and Alex Todorov.
Next week we are going to announce 100% discount tickets for our guests at the conference. If you are interested in coming subscribe to our newsletter and don't miss the announcement!
How to upgrade
If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd Kiwi/ git pull docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Don't forget to backup before upgrade!
WARNING: kiwitcms/kiwi:latest and docker-compose.yml will always point to the latest available version! If you have to upgrade in steps, e.g. between several intermediate releases, you have to modify the above workflow:
# starting from an older Kiwi TCMS version docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> edit docker-compose.yml to use kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate # repeat until you have reached latest