We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 6.2.1! This is a small release that includes some improvements and bug-fixes. You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
kiwitcms/kiwi latest 24338088bf46 956.8 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957.6 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955.7 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970.2 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970.1 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976.8 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 6.2
- Fix InvalidQuery, field TestCase.default_tester cannot be both deferred and traversed using select_related at the same time. References Issue #346
- Pylint fixes (Ivaylo Ivanov)
- Remove vendored-in js/lib/jquery.dataTables.js which is now replaced by the npm package datatables.net (required by Patternfly)
- New French translation (Christophe CHAUVET)
- https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org is using a new SSL certificate with serial number 46:78:80:EA:80:A4:FC:65:17:E4:59:EC:1D:C2:27:47
- Version 6.2.1 has been published to PyPI to facilitate people who want to deploy Kiwi TCMS on Heroku. Important: PyPI package will be provided as a convenience for those who know what they are doing. Valid bugs and issues will be dealth with accordingly. As we do not deploy from a PyPI tarball we ask you to provide all the necessary details when reporting issues! If you have no idea what all of this means then stick to the official Docker images!
How to upgrade
If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd Kiwi/ git pull docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Don't forget to backup before upgrade!
WARNING: kiwitcms/kiwi:latest and docker-compose.yml will always point to the latest available version! If you have to upgrade in steps, e.g. between several intermediate releases, you have to modify the above workflow:
# starting from an older Kiwi TCMS version docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> edit docker-compose.yml to use kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate # repeat until you have reached latest