We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 6.1! This release introduces new database migrations, internal updates and bug fixes. It is a small release designed to minimize the number of database migrations by squashing them together. You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org.
NOTE: there is the 6.0.1 release which resolves an upgrade problem caused by non-applied migrations which have been later squashed and released in the same release! It is best to jump through the intermediate releases to ensure a smooth upgrade!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1
kiwitcms/kiwi latest b559123d25b0 970.2 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970.2 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970.1 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976.8 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 6.0
- Hot-fix for error caused by the API method TestRun.update. Error was initially reported on StackOverflow. This patch makes it possible to use the API without crashing however the TestRun.update method doesn't handle the stop_date field at the moment!
- Fix pylint errors (Ivaylo Ivanov)
- Remove unused TestRun.list and TestCase.list_confirmed methods
- Remove unused plan_by_id_or_name() and is_int(). Fixes Issue #269
- Rename tcms.core.contrib.auth to tcms.kiwi_auth
- Remove field user from TestCaseTag, TestRunTag and TestPlanTag models
- Squash migrations for management app
- Squash migrations for testcases app
- Squash migrations for testplans app
- Squash migrations for testruns app
How to upgrade
If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd Kiwi/ git pull docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Don't forget to backup before upgrade!
Subscription based online service
We are planning to convert https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org into a subscription based service for people who don't want to bother installing Kiwi TCMS on their own systems and just want to use it for test collaboration with their team.
The income from this service will go towards covering operating costs and supporting the development team. Watch this blog for further announcements about this. Meanwhile you may share your thoughts via Issue #515.
Plans to remove deprecated functionality
TestRun.product_version will be removed from the database schema in favor of TestRun.plan.product_version! With the latest web interface it is not possible to select a product version different than the one selected in the Test Plan. Test runs should only be able to select product builds (after Issue #246 is fixed).