We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 6.6! This is a medium severity security update, improvement and bug-fix update. You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
kiwitcms/kiwi latest c4734f98ca37 971.3 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957.6 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955.7 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970.2 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970.1 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976.8 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 6.5.3
- Explicitly require marked v0.6.1 to fix medium severity ReDoS vulnerability. See SNYK-JS-MARKED-73637
- Update python-gitlab from 1.7.0 to 1.8.0
- Update django-contrib-comments from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1
- More strings marked as translatable (Christophe CHAUVET)
- When creating new TestCase you can now change notification settings. Previously this was only possible during editing
- Document import-export approaches. Closes Issue #795
- Document available test automation plugins
- Improve documentation around Docker customization and SSL termination
- Add documentation example of reverse rroxy configuration for HAProxy (Nicolas Auvray)
- TestPlan.add_case() will now set the sortkey to highest in plan + 10 (Rik)
- Add LinkOnly issue tracker. Fixes Issue #289
- Use the same HTML template for both TestCase new & edit
- New API methods for adding, removing and listing attachments. Fixes
Populate missing TestCase.text history. In version 6.5 the TestCase model was updated to store the text into a single field called text instead of 4 separate fields. During that migration historical records were updated to have the new text field but values were not properly assigned.
The "effect" of this is that in TestCaseRun records you were not able to see the actual text b/c it was None.
This change ammends 0006_merge_text_field_into_testcase_model for installations which have not yet migrated to 6.5 or later. We also provide the data-only migration 0009_populate_missing_text_history which will inspect the current state of the DB and copy the text to the last historical record.
Remove legacy reports. Closes Issue #657
Remove "Save & Continue" functionality from TestCase edit page
Renamed API methods:
- TestCaseRun.add_log() -> TestCaseRun.add_link()
- TestCaseRun.remove_log() -> TestCaseRun.remove_link()
- TestCaseRun.get_logs() -> TestCaseRun.get_links()
These methods work with URL links, which can be added or removed to test case runs.
- Remove hard-coded timestamp in TestCase page template, References Issue #765
- Fix handling of ?from_plan URL parameter in TestCase page
- Make TestCase.text occupy 100% width when rendered. Fixes Issue #798
- Enable markdown.extensions.tables. Fixes Issue #816
- Handle form erros and default values for TestPlan new/edit. Fixes Issue #864
- Tests + fix for failing TestCase rendering in French
- Show color-coded statuses on dashboard page when seen with non-English language
- Refactor check for confirmed test cases when editting to work with translations
- Fix form values when filtering test cases inside TestPlan. Fixes Issue #674 (@marion2016)
- Show delete icon for attachments. Fixes Issue #847
How to upgrade
If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd Kiwi/ git pull docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Don't forget to backup before upgrade!
WARNING: kiwitcms/kiwi:latest and docker-compose.yml will always point to the latest available version! If you have to upgrade in steps, e.g. between several intermediate releases, you have to modify the above workflow:
# starting from an older Kiwi TCMS version docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> edit docker-compose.yml to use kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate # repeat until you have reached latest