We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 6.2! This is a small release that removes squashed migrations from previous releases and includes a few improvements. You can explore everything at https://demo.kiwitcms.org or find our info booth at OpenFest in Sofia during the weekend and do a live demo with the team!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (latest)
kiwitcms/kiwi latest 7870085ad415 957.6 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957.6 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955.7 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970.2 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970.1 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976.8 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 6.1.1
- Update to Django 2.1.3
- Update Apache config to print logs on the console. Fixes Issue #549
- https://demo.kiwitcms.org now allows email associations when logging via GitHub. If you have an existing account which shares the same email address with your GitHub profile you will be redirected to that account upon logging in via GitHub! This also resolves a problem where existing users trying to login via GitHub were presented with error message that their email exists in the database! Fixes Issue #573
- Remove old variants of squashed migrations from earlier releases
- Updated German translation
- Update tcms.tests.factories.BugFactory (Ivaylo Ivanov)
- Add test for tcms.testcases.views.group_case_bugs (Ivaylo Ivanov)
- Pylint fixes (Ivaylo Ivanov)
How to upgrade
If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd Kiwi/ git pull docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Don't forget to backup before upgrade!
WARNING: kiwitcms/kiwi:latest and docker-compose.yml will always point to the latest available version! If you have to upgrade in steps, e.g. between several intermediate releases, you have to modify the above workflow:
# starting from an older Kiwi TCMS version docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> edit docker-compose.yml to use kiwitcms/kiwi:<next_upgrade_version> docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate # repeat until you have reached latest
Subscription based online service
We are planning to convert https://demo.kiwitcms.org into a subscription based service for people who don't want to bother installing Kiwi TCMS on their own systems and just want to use it for test collaboration with their team.
The income from this service will go towards covering operating costs and supporting the development team. Watch this blog for further announcements about this. Meanwhile you may share your thoughts via Issue #515.
Plans to remove deprecated functionality
TestRun.product_version will be removed from the database schema in favor of TestRun.plan.product_version! With the latest web interface it is not possible to select a product version different than the one selected in the Test Plan. Test runs should only be able to select product builds (after Issue #246 is fixed).