We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 6.1.1! This release squashes database migrations and removes older migrations that have been squashed in previous releases, a few improvements and bug fixes. You can explore everything at https://demo.kiwitcms.org.
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1
kiwitcms/kiwi latest 49fa42ddfe4d 955.7 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955.7 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970.2 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970.1 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976.8 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 6.1
- Dashboard will now show TestRuns which have test cases assigned to current user. Fixes Issue #520
- API method TestRun.add_case() now returns a serialized TestCaseRun object. Previously this method returned None
- Don't show disabled Priority records in UI. Fixes Issue #334
- Updated Slovenian translation
- Fix some pylint errors (Ivaylo Ivanov)
- Remove old squashed migrations for management, testplans, testcases and testruns apps
- Squash the remaining migrations for management, testplans, testcases and testruns apps
How to upgrade
If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd Kiwi/ git pull docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Don't forget to backup before upgrade!
Subscription based online service
We are planning to convert https://demo.kiwitcms.org into a subscription based service for people who don't want to bother installing Kiwi TCMS on their own systems and just want to use it for test collaboration with their team.
The income from this service will go towards covering operating costs and supporting the development team. Watch this blog for further announcements about this. Meanwhile you may share your thoughts via Issue #515.
Plans to remove deprecated functionality
TestRun.product_version will be removed from the database schema in favor of TestRun.plan.product_version! With the latest web interface it is not possible to select a product version different than the one selected in the Test Plan. Test runs should only be able to select product builds (after Issue #246 is fixed).