We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 5.1! This release introduces new database migrations, an experimental reporting feature, deprecated functionality and bug fixes.
The new kiwitcms/kiwi:latest docker image has Image ID cc9b55aa664d. https://demo.kiwitcms.org has also been updated!
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 5.0
- Integrate with Django Report Builder as tech-preview. This makes it possible for power users and administrators to generate tabular reports. You will have to know the existing DB schema if you want to create your own reports. See http://kiwitcms.readthedocs.io/en/latest/db.html. This feature is in tech-preview and it may be removed if it doesn't work out. Please comment at: Issue #452.
- Allow using manage.py dumpdata|loaddata|sqlflush|dbshell for backups, see blog post
- In TestCase view page add a link to delete the current test case
- In TestCase Admin page the + Add TestCase button now allows to create new test case
- The version menu item in the helper menu now links to Changelog
- Start showing deprecation warning for Advanced search, see Issue #448
- Squash some database migrations
- Fix a number of pylint issues
- Remove unused testruns.views::view_caseruns(). References Issue #316
- Remove unused template report/caserun.html
- Handle TestRun deletion via admin not home grown code
How to upgrade
If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd Kiwi/ git pull docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Don't forget to backup before upgrade!
Help us make Kiwi TCMS better
According to our 2018 roadmap update the Kiwi TCMS team is investing a great deal of our time to make the code base more maintainable! For the past few releases we've been balancing code refactoring with bug-fixing and enhancements and we have lots of ideas down the line.
We want to hear your voice! Tell us how you use Kiwi TCMS inside your organization. We want to know what works for you and what doesn't so we can make it better. Feel free to comment below, file GitHub issues or send us an email.