We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 4.1.4! This is a bug-fix and enhancement update which upgrades to the latest Django version, resolves several issues and includes lots of internal code updates.
We've pushed new
kiwitcms/kiwi docker image to Docker Hub and updated the
demo instance at https://demo.kiwitcms.org!
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 4.1.3
- Upgrade to Django 2.0.4
- Enable pylint and fix around 700 issues (Anton Sankov)
- Add pylint plugin to check docstrings for triple double quotes. Fixes Issue #296
- Add pylint plugin to check for list comprehensions. Fixes Issue #270
- Add pylint plugin to check for class attributes enclosed with double underscores. These are dunders and are reserved for Python!
- Change util function to default to https. Fixes Issue #220
- Fix Sentry KIWI-TCMS-17
- Cast iterator to list. Fixes Sentry KIWI-TCMS-19
- Don't crash in Custom Report. Fixes Sentry KIWI-TCMS-18
- Better handling of TestPlan documents. Fixes Sentry KIWI-TCMS-1A
- Fix sorting of entries in TestPlan -> Runs tab. Fixes Sentry KIWI-TCMS-E
- Move Bugzilla and Kerberos backends code into their own repositories. Fixes Issue #239
- Remove cache from TestCaseRunStatus. Fixes Issue #279
UrlMixin. Fixes Issue #157 (Chenxiong Qi)
- Remove unused
- Internal refactoring and more tests in
- Delete unused file
- Remove unused
How to upgrade
If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then
cd Kiwi/ git pull docker-compose down docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Help us make Kiwi TCMS better
According to our 2018 roadmap the Kiwi TCMS team is investing a great deal of our time to make the code base more maintainable! For the past few releases we've been balancing code refactoring with bug-fixing and minor enhancements and we have lots of ideas down the line.
We want to hear your voice! Tell us how you use Kiwi TCMS inside your organization. We want to know what works for you and what doesn't so we can make it better. Feel free to comment below, file GitHub issues or send us an email.