We're proud to announce Kiwi TCMS version 3.48! This is the first release to be announced on our blog and it is also an important one!
Kiwi TCMS 3.48 introduces new versions of Django and Patternfly, a Python API client library, many bug-fixes and updated documentation.
Changes since KiwiTCMS 3.44
- Update to Django 1.11.7 (Mr. Senko)
- Update documentation including high level information about how data is organized within Kiwi TCMS and how to work with the system. (Mr. Senko)
- Stop caching report views. (Mr. Senko)
- Make test execution comments optional. Fixes Issue #77. (Mr. Senko)
- Escape special symbols when exporting JSON. Fixes Issue #78. (Mr. Senko)
- Remove Test Run export to XML functionality in favor of API. Fixes Issue #79. (Mr. Senko)
- Make it possible to search Test Runs via Env properties. Fixes Issue #82. (Mr. Senko)
- Display Environment properties in Test Run search results. (Mr. Senko)
- Allow bulk update TestCase.default_tester via email. Fixes Issue #85. (Mr. Senko)
- Don't crash reports when there are untested TestCaseRuns. Fixes Issue #88. (Mr. Senko)
- Bind localhost:80 to container:80. Fixes Issue #99. (Mr. Senko)
- Enable testing with Python 3.6 in preparation for migration. (Mr. Senko)
- If JIRA isn't fully configured then don't connect. Fixes Fixes Issue #100. (Mr. Senko)
- Pin patternfly version to 3.30 and update templates. Fixes Issue #120. (Mr. Senko)
- Show status name rather than status id in TestCaseRun change log. (Chenxiong Qi)
- [api] Adds a Python API client with changes that make it possible to
execute on both Python 2 and Python 3. For now take a look at
tcms_api/script_examples/for examples how to use it.
- [api] Remove experimental support for Teiid. (Mr. Senko)
- [api] Cache level defaults to
CACHE_NONEif not set. (Mr. Senko)
- [api] Remove persistent cache, in-memory caching is still available. (Mr. Senko)
- [api] Remove multicall support. (Mr. Senko)
IMPORTANT: this release introduces new database migrations!
NOTE: the API client has been initially developed as the python-nitrate project by Petr Splichal and other contributors! We've decided to fork their code base into Kiwi's repository and continue further development in a central place. This makes it easier testing the API server and client together and allows us to move more rapidly!
As of now there isn't a lot of documentation and examples on how to use the API client but we are looking to improve this. Additional documentation and examples will be published in the project's repository or on this blog!
How to upgrade
If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then
cd Kiwi/ docker-compose down make docker-image docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate